Happiness in Handfulls
Originally Published: Aug 6, 2014
This cow... he is positively happy. Not negatively happy, right?
Apparently our brains can process thoughts at 1,300 words per minute. Can you imagine the damage of 5 minutes of negative thoughts? That's quite a few depressed nerves...
I am sure you can think of a negative person in your life rather quickly. They probably also fall under one of the following five categories: The Monster, The Problem Finder, The Know-It-All, The Chronic Criticizer, or the Needy Victim.
Knowing someone who is negative and being someone who is negative are two completely different things.
Today, I am asking you to be a little selfish and only think about you. In turn, you will indirectly be thinking about others. When was the last time you were negative? Now, I know you can think of when others around you were negative. Life is way too short to spend time around those people who suck happiness out of you. Agreed, but I'm only asking about you. Life is also too short to suck the happiness out of other people.
What I have learned is simple...
1. A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
2. A negative thinker sees a difficulty in every opportunity.
3. Never waste time on what is lost. Life is not meant to be lived backwards.
4. If it is important, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.
5. Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud.
6. Things only get as BAD as you are willing to let them.
7. "It is what it is" - famous quote from my Dad. Live realistically, not drastically. Maybe the answers lie in laughter, mood lightening, or generosity.
8. All you can be is the best that you are and all you can do is the best that you can do.
9. "Your burdens may not even compare to someone else's." - famous quote from my grandfather who always showed humility as he explained that someone always has it worse than you.
10. Negativity is exponential, on the negative axis. Negativity only creates more negativity. Wow, that's a lot of minus signs!
ALL negativity in this world is caused by a gathering of time and denial of the present. Too much thought in the future creates forms of fear such as anxiety, tension, stress, and worry. Too much thought in the past creates forms of regret such as guilt, resentment, sadness, and bitterness.
HOW COULD YOU DENY THE PRESENT? Walk outside, look at the clouds, listen to the birds, touch a tree. The present is the most valuable thing this world has to offer and by denying it, you are denying happiness.
Live moment by moment, hug by hug, and word by word. You will see that your frown will turn upside-down and your glass will be half full. You will encounter others who share similar passions and you will understand that life is not always about the next milestone; it is about each little stone that stacks up to create each mile.
Now back to that time when you were negative, how important is that now?
I don't even remember it, because It is not even relative.
Two negatives will not create a positive. Only a positive will create another positive. You are like the cow. You're positively happy!
-Happiness in Handfulls